If you are like me and have been endlessly searching for the perfect nude palette, I’ve found your solution! The Matt limited edition by Bobbi Brown for John Lewis is the one.
I personally love shimmery colours however for daily use I’ve been hunting for matt colours, which have actually proven to be a challenge to find. All the colours in this palette are matt and easy to blend. The colours will compliment all skin tones as they range from dark to light. A benefit of this is you can use the lighter colours in the day and add some of the darker shades such as ‘Rich Brown’ and ‘Slate’ for an evening look.
It comes with three long-wear gel eyeliners in ‘Dark Chocolate’, ‘Black Ink’ and ‘Caviar Ink’. My personal favourite is Dark Chocolate, which is a black-brown colour, perfect for the day time as it’s not as bold as black.
Here are my tips for a subtle smokey eye:
- Apply an eyeshadow primer (I use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion)
- Sweep ‘Naked’ as a base across the whole eyelid, pressing into crease for depth.
- Add ‘Heather Brown’ into the crease to add more definition
- Define upper lash line using the ‘Dark Chocolate’ gel eyeliner and add a flick in the outer corner of the eye.
- If I want a bolder smokey eye, I would add ‘Slate’ in the corners at this stage, however skip for a subtle look.
- Use ivory under the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eye to highlight and brighten your eyes
- Finally apply your favourite mascara (I use Clinique’s waterproof black/brown mascara)
This is my perfect palette and I’m so glad I found it!